A Letter to Enterprises in Shenzhen
Enterprises in Shenzhen:
In light of Law of the People’s Republic of China on the Prevention and Treatment of Infectious Diseases, Emergency Response Law of the People’s Republic of China, Emergency Regulation on Public Health Events, and the work arrangements made at the national, provincial and municipal level on the prevention and control of the novel coronavirus, enterprises in Shenzhen shall enhance the sense of responsibility and holistic view, bear the corporate responsibilities, honor the due social obligations and work on the following issues together with the government：
- On the basis of Statement on Work Resumption and School Reopen by Guangdong Provincial People’s Government, enterprises in Shenzhen shall resume the work at no early than 24:00, February 9. Companies that ensure the operation of the city (water and power supply, oil and gas, telecommunications, public transport, environmental protection and sanitation, etc.), and those involved in the prevention and control of the novel coronavirus spread (including medicine, protective supply, medical equipment production, transport and sales，), and those that guarantee residents’ daily necessities (supermarkets, food production, logistics and distribution, etc.) and others that matter vital to national well-being and the people’s livelihood, supply to Hong Kong and Macao and exceptional cases are excluded.
- Each enterprise shall set up the health responsible person and liaison mechanism, appoint a designated person in charge of epidemic monitoring, checking and early warning, and implement early detection, early report, early isolation, early diagnosis and early treatment. Information statistics should be made, in particular for the employees who have been to the affected areas for business, visiting family and friends or tourism. The information file is required to be reported to the community work station. Each enterprise should persuade the employees who are in the affected areas, and their family members not to return to Shenzhen in recent period.
- Each enterprise shall use its own dormitories or rent a site for quarantine and cooperate with the government departments at district level to carry out epidemic prevention and control such as medical quarantine and observation of personnel from the affected areas. Employees who have been to or whose cohabiting relatives or friends have travelled to affected areas or had contact with clients, relatives and friends from the affected areas should be urged to carry out medical quarantine and observation as required. For employees with symptoms of illness and other possible infections shall be urged to seek timely medical treatment and report to their community work stations.
- Each enterprise should prepare the necessary prevention and control materials, such as masks, disinfectants, temperature monitoring equipment etc., and ensure temperature monitoring for employees, strengthen the hygiene of employee canteens and various sites, establish health profiles for employees, and urge employees to strengthen personal protection and self-monitoring and avoid working with sickness.
- Each enterprise shall not commit hoarding goods for speculation, price gouging, manufacturing or producing counterfeits while maintaining a sound market order. While ramping up epidemic prevention and control, enterprises engaged in the production and supply of emergency supplies for epidemic prevention and daily necessities together with those engaged in the supporting supply chain shall resume work and production in a timely manner, increase production capacity, secure supply, and act in accordance with the management of material allocation and distribution in the meantime. The transportation operation enterprises shall give priority to the delivery of emergency supplies for epidemic prevention and daily necessities.
- Each enterprise should further enhance safety awareness, strictly implementing the accountability system for safety in production and earnestly carrying forward training in response to changes in employees on duty. Trainings in accordance with relevant regulations and requirements should be given to new employees or those who with readjustments in their posts. Notes on safety in production for resuming work and production shall be extended to employees of enterprises, thus comprehensively improving the awareness of production safety, and preventing and eliminating safety-related accidents from the very beginning.
- Each enterprise shall spare no effort to maintain a harmonious and stable labor relations, protect the lawful rights and interests of employees in accordance with the law and shall not illegally rescind or terminate labor contracts, nor shall they commit arrear of the employees’ wages for any reason.
- Enterprises failing to comply with national, provincial, or municipal regulations on epidemic prevention and control shall bear responsibility in accordance with law should there be any consequences caused.
- Governments at district level, sub-districts and communities shall do their best in the supervision, guidance and service of the epidemic protection, resumption of work and production.
Office of Shenzhen Headquarters for Prevention and Control of Pneumonia Epidemic Caused by Novel Coronavirus
February 2, 2020