A Letter to People Arriving in Shenzhen
Currently the novel coronavirus outbreak is very severe in Shenzhen. Hence, the prevention and control of the epidemic has become our top priority. For the health of all, we hereby make the following suggestions:
- If you came from the affected areas, please note your time of arrival in Shenzhen, the transportation you took (flight number, train number, vehicle license plate, seat number and ticket) and report to the community work station, your employer or the hotel you are staying in on the date of arrival in Shenzhen. You shall receive a 14-day medical observation at home or at a government designated place. Please cooperate with management and services of staff, medical workers, and police of your community.
- If you came from other areas, please keep monitoring the health status of yourself and your family on a daily basis for 14 days from the day of arrival in Shenzhen. Avoid gatherings and going out. If you must go out, you shall wear a mask in indoor public spaces, outdoor crowded places and on public transportation. If you have symptoms such as fever, cough, or fatigue, please wear a mask, exercise personal protection, and go to the nearest fever clinic as soon as possible. Avoid taking public transportation such as the bus or the subway. You should walk, drive or take a taxi instead. If you are in severe condition, call emergency line 120 for help. Please inform the doctor of your travel history, contact history, and whether there are similar cases around you. Follow the guidance of the medical personnel, cooperate with them in epidemiological investigation and provide detailed information.
- Keep good environmental and personal hygiene, keep rooms well ventilated, and stay optimistic. Rest well and have a healthy diet. Enhance physical fitness, wash hands frequently and do not spit in public. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when sneezing or coughing. Avoid contact with patients with respiratory infections.
- Please observe the social code of conduct, abide by all regulations and requirements on epidemic prevention and control, and exercise personal protection, so as not to undermine the health of others and public safety. Cooperate with governmental authorities, the CDC and healthcare institutions in health status report, epidemiological investigation, inspection, sampling, medical observation and quarantine among other prevention and control measures. Those who refuse to cooperate will be subjected to necessary measures mandated by the law.
- In order to provide accommodations for people coming from the affected areas, Shenzhen has designated a number of hotels, and sanitation, staff training, and professional guidance have been conducted accordingly. You can refer to websites such as Shenzhen Government Online (http://www.sz.gov.cn/), Shenzhen News (http://www.sznews.cn/) and other portals for the list of accommodation. Let’s stand united to help each other, and we are confident to win the battle against the novel coronavirus epidemic!
At last, we wish you good health and a happy stay in Shenzhen!
Office of Shenzhen Headquarters for Prevention and Control of Pneumonia Epidemic Caused by Novel Coronavirus
February 2, 2020