With the emergence of the coronavirus, as the Metropolitan Municipality, its affiliates and municipal companies, we continue our work in harmony with all our staff, tools and equipment within the scope of the fight against the virus.
INTERNATIONAL PRESS TRACKING TEAM
- The Ankara Metropolitan Municipality, under its Crisis Management Center, has established a team in which each person that is able to speak different languages. The main ambition was to scan the international press, daily reports, and developments in other countries related to coronavirus, measures taken, vaccination and drug studies, attitudes of countries towards the pandemic and changes in those attitudes, political approaches.
- As of March 20, 2020, approximately 5000 news articles of at least 75 countries were examined every day, 1750 news were translated and reported in Turkish to be shared with the public.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality’s teams distributed hygienic packages to taxi drivers in AŞTİ.
- With the re-opening of courthouses, Ankara Metropolitan Municipality teams distributed free masks to lawyers, court personnel and citizens.
- On exam days of higher education institution examination (YKS) and transition to high school (LYS), students were granted free access to public transport.
- 250 thousand masks will be distributed free of charge to all students who take the exam at bus stops and rail systems stations.
- The Sincan Zoo, which was closed due to the Coronavirus outbreak, has been reopened to visitors.
- Students will be able to get deductible student subscription application from metro and ANKARAY stations as of today.
- The free use of public transport for citizens aged 65 and over, which has been temporarily suspended due to the epidemic, has resumed between 10.00 and 20.00.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality teams prepared a new book called “Interior, Balcony and Terrace Landscape”.
- Upon the instructions of the mayor and the decision of the Ankara Metropolitan Municipality Council, fuel support payments continue for 2,800 minibuses.
- “Purple Button” feature has been added to Başkent Mobile application in order to be violence against women and harassment.
- To protect public health, cleaning and disinfection work was carried out in 65 mosques in the capital.
- Pre-registration applications for the distribution of “Vetch Seed” for farmers were started by Ankara Metropolitan Municipality.
- The teams of Metropolitan Municipality, which cooperated with volunteers, feed stray animals with 461 tons of food in the last 3 months.
- According to the Ankara Governor’s decision, the rule of 30 percent for standing passengers on buses and 50 percent for rail systems was introduced.
- The Mayor Mansur Yavaş, shared of the how manage the COVID-19 process successfully starting from Ankara to whole Turkey at the CAC Global Summit.
- While the travel restriction is lifted, cleaning and disinfection works are carried out in AŞTİ and free mask and disinfectant distribution continued.
- The free transportation service for healthcare workers has been extended for 3 months.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality is actualizing the “Mobile Women Health Project” for women from the capital.
- Municipal officials continued to distribute masks and hand disinfectants in Hacı Bayram Veli Mosque.
- Disinfection and disinfestation services will be provided for the shops which are opened on June 1.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality carried out cleaning and disinfection works in 65 mosques.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality will organize trial exam about university entrance exam (YKS) and high school entrance exam (LYS) for students who prepare their exams at home during the pandemic period.
- 10 female EGO bus drivers who are entitled to serve the exam results have come to the end of the training process.
- Due to Eid Al-Fitr, the number of meals delivered today is 19,364.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality has prepared a special edition newspaper in Başkent Mobile application to remind the old and traditional feast days.
- Within the scope of the measures taken against the coronavirus epidemic, the Municipality police teams distributed free masks, cologne and candy for the citizens over the age of 65.
- The Metropolitan Municipality, which continues its routine service work without interruption as well, has laid 7,870 tons of asphalt paving in OSTİM.
- Municipality employees contributed to the “#AnkaraTekYurek” (#AnkaraFullUnity) campaign by donating 1,818,653 Turkish Liras.
- In order to increase biodiversity, with the cooperation of Ankara Metropolitan Municipality and Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, 14 thousand carp were released in 5 lakes.
- The total number of iftar (fast-breaking meal) and sahur (meal before dawn during Ramadan) that was delivered, through the iftarver campaign, reached the number 500.000 in total, whereas the number of iftar and sahur meals delivered only today is 20.474.
- All of the 72 thousand 604 families and 147 thousand 322 water usage invoices who received social support or could not pay the water bill due to the epidemic were paid.
- Water credits were uploaded to 72,604 households receiving social support and 147,322 water debts were closed.
- Metropolitan Municipality started to plant vegetables on 250 decares and potatoes on 500 decare of land in order to help the citizens who have lost their jobs due to the pandemic or who receive social help.
- The total number of iftar (fast-breaking meal) and sahur (meal before dawn during Ramadan) that was delivered, through the iftarver campaign, reached the number 473.264, whereas the number of iftar and sahur meals delivered only today is 19.364.
- Due to May 19th the Commemoration of Atatürk, Youth and Sports Day, a joyful celebration will be held between 12.00 and 17.00 hours. 10 busses will go through 7 Central Districts of Ankara, performing different activities.
- The total number of iftar (fast-breaking meal) and sahur (meal before dawn during Ramadan) that was delivered, through the iftarver campaign, reached the number 434.495, whereas the number of iftar and sahur meals delivered only today is 19.415.
- Within the scope of the measures taken against the coronavirus epidemic, the Municipality police teams distributed free masks to the citizens over the age of 65.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality distributed wheelchairs to 100 disabled citizens for the occasion of Disability Week.
- The total number of iftar (fast-breaking meal) and sahur (meal before dawn during Ramadan) that was delivered, through the iftarver campaign, reached the number 395.249 in total, whereas the number of iftar and sahur meals delivered only today is 20.251.
- With the “AnkaraTekYurek” (#AnkaraFullUnity) campaign, provided 10 Million TL financial support in just 48 hours.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality has prepared a “Practical Gardening Guide” for citizens who cannot leave their homes due to the coronavirus epidemic.
- With the” AnkaraTekYürek” campaign, within 24 hours over 2.5 million TL worth of unpaid utility bills were covered, over 3 million TL were donated for those financially burdened in Ankara.
- The total number of iftar (fast-breaking meal) and sahur (meal before dawn during Ramadan) that was delivered, through the iftarver campaign, reached the number 374.998 in total. Whereas the number of iftar and sahur meals delivered only today is 20.905.
- In order to support domestic producers and domestic production in Ankara, the farmers will be supported with 5 million tomato and pepper seedlings until May 20.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality announced a new campaign.
- By visiting https://www.ankaratekyurek.com/ and becoming a donator you will be able help to pay a water bill, upload credit to the Ankaracards for domestic travelling and/or give financial aid to people who have lost their jobs.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality Urban Aesthetic teams, continue their disinfection activities.
- The total number of iftar (fast-breaking meal) and sahur (meal before dawn during Ramadan) that was delivered, through the iftarver campaign, reached the number 333.738 people in total, whereas the number of iftar and sahur meals delivered only today is 19.930.
- Barbers, hairdresser and beauty salons re-opened as of today with the allowance of the governmental measures. In which the Municipality disinfectant teams visited each and every one of the shops for disinfection and to give out a hygiene set.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality ASKI E-sports FIFA #StayHome Zula Tournament will be launched.
- The total number of iftar (fast-breaking meal) and sahur (meal before dawn during Ramadan) that was delivered, through the iftarver campaign, reached the number 293.889 people in total, where as the number of iftar and sahur meals delivered only today is 19.879.
- Within the scope of the measures taken against the coronavirus epidemic, the Municipality police teams distributed free masks and food packets to Sincan minibus drivers.
- The first gluten-free shop, prepared for Celiac’s was opened in Kızılay, Mithatpaşa.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality Extraordinary Assembly session was held.
- As Ankara Metropolitan Municipality, it was decided to provide monthly fuel aid to a total of 3,233 vehicles, including public buses, private public transportation vehicles and minibuses.
- According to the unanimous verdict in the Municipal Council, on exam days higher education institution examination (YKS) and transition to high school (LYS), parents, students and examiners were granted free access to public transport.
- The total number of iftar (fast-breaking meal) and sahur (meal before dawn during Ramadan) that was delivered, through the iftarver campaign, reached the number 235.585 in total. The number of iftar and sahur meals delivered only today is 18.964.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality continues to support the minibus drivers for the month of Ramadan.
- The Mayor Mansur Yavaş, with the decision of the relevant ministry has re-opened the cemeteries for visit that were closed under epidemic measures.
- The total number of iftar (fast-breaking meal) and sahur (meal before dawn during Ramadan) that was delivered, through the iftarver campaign, reached the number 197,689 people in total. The number of iftar and sahur meals delivered only today is 18.348.
- The Municipality’s 74 tenders were broadcasted live on our Youtube and social media accounts during March and April.
- The government announced that hairdressers will be re-opened as of May 11. Due to the re-openings, the Municipality announced that the shops will be disinfected and hygiene sets will be given as a gift.
- Mask production has been doubled by the Municipality. 100-150 thousand masks will be distributed to citizens free of charge.
- It has been announced by the government that citizens over 65 years of age will be allowed to go outside for 4 hours on Sunday. Thus, their need for masks and disinfectants during these hours will be met by the Municipality. In addition, the Mayor stated that after the days of the epidemic, this age group will hosted in the Holiday Facilities of the Municipality.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality has announced that lavender seedlings will be distributed to farmers in order to help the lack of production period.
- A “Psychological Support Line” has been established to support citizens. Despite the fact that it was started for Ankara citizens, the intense interest of citizens from other cities and abroad has opened a gate to serve each individual.
- During the 3-day curfew restriction, infrastructure works, channel cleaning, maintenance-repair, drinking water and sewerage line construction works were carried out in 25 districts and 76 points all over Ankara.
- Within the scope of the measures taken against the coronavirus epidemic, the municipality police teams distributed free masks at bus stops and market areas.
- During the 3-day curfew between May 1 and May 3, all services of the Municipality will be carried on and bread productions will continue at full capacity. In addition all call center lines serve needs. (Başkent 153 lines).
- A Municipality Supermarket (named as Başkent Market), was opened in the Etimesgut district as of today. The products produced by cooperatives, unions are brought together within this market to help producers.
- The Ankara Metropolitan Municipality has been following news from 75 countries in 8 different languages and translating them to Turkish. The reports are shared through our twitter account and website.
- In order to support domestic producers and domestic production in Ankara, the farmers will be supported with 5 million tomato and pepper seedlings in May.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality has reached its goal within the scope of the city’s distribution capacity (15-16 thousand per day) for the iftar (fast-breaking meal) campaign, reaching 500 thousand packages. The campaign was successfully completed and new campaigns for people in need will continue.
- The work to protect public health in the Ulus wholesale market continues. In the Ulus wholesale market, which is one of the commonly used areas of the capital city, the distribution of masks, gloves and disinfectants are held regularly.
- With the website www.iftarver.com, a great attention has been dragged to the citizens in need. The charitable citizens from all over Turkey have gathered 298,457 iftar (due to the Ramadan period, fast-breaking meal) menus as of today. The number of iftar menus delivered was announced as 25,595.
- Mayor of Ankara Metropolitan Municipality Mansur Yavaş also celebrated the beginning of Muslims’ holy fasting month of Ramadan, which starts this evening in Turkey.
- com was visited by 10 million people on the first day of Ramadan. A total of 101,847 iftar menus (fast-breaking meal) were purchased by 15,891 benefactors.
- The Municipality organized a visit to the children who were treated at the Ankara City Hospital by the artists of the Capital City Theater. The little ones were given the opportunity to experience the National Sovereignty and Children’s Day, 23rd of April, with joy.
- com was organized to help citizens over 65, chronic patients, disabled people and families with low income who cannot cook at home and who should not leave their homes.
- A revision has been made to the hours of the program of National Sovereignty and Children’s Day by the Governorship of Ankara. The joyful celebration will be held between 14.30 and 17.00, and the busses will go through 7 Central Districts of Ankara, accompanied with marches and songs, sang from windows.
- Finally, the National Anthem will be accompanied by the nation at 21.00 from the windows and balconies.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality will bring psycho-social support to the children of disadvantaged families houses, due to the coronavirus outbreak. With the online education system, children between the ages of 4-6 will both be able to improve their hand skills and have fun at home.
- A joyful celebration will be prepared for our children and all citizens who cannot leave their homes on National Sovereignty and Children’s Day, April 23rd. Between 08.00 and 23.00, celebration tours will take place in all districts of Ankara, accompanied with marches and songs accompanied from windows and balconies.
- Our National Anthem will be accompanied by our citizens at 21.00 from the balconies. After the National Anthem, the tour buses will continue the city tour with torches and cartoon characters again accompanied by our citizens from windows and balconies.
- Authoring workshop program will be launched on Ankara Metropolitan Municipality WEB TV screens. The first lesson of the workshop will be broadcasted live on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s at 17.00, starting from Tuesday 21st April.
- Within the framework of E-sports “#STAYHOME” events, Ankara Metropolitan Municipality ASKI E-sports FIFA PRO CLUBS TOURNAMENT, which will start this week, will be launched.
11 Metropolitan Mayors shared their solutions and suggestions with the public regarding the outbreak;
- It was suggested to start the testing process at home and to implement curfew or full isolation, which is the opinion of many scientists, without wasting more time.
- It is stated that the income support by treasury is vital for public transportation in April, May and June. It is also stated that excise duty should not be taken from the fuel used in public transportation until it returns to routine transportation activities.
- The distribution of masks by municipalities will both speed up and facilitate public access to the service.
- The last suggestion was reminded that municipalities are one of the most effective and correct addresses in reaching out to needy people in Ramadan.
- Warning messages were shared that the needs should be supplied early before curfew at the weekend initiated by the central government to prevent crowd. Besides, messages were conveyed that the Metropolitan Municipality would be with the citizen by all means.
- Within the scope of combating against the coronavirus epidemic, city police teams continue to inspect to workplaces about issues of face masks, social distance and hygiene rules and apply legal action that does not comply with the rules and make production under the counter in the markets and pharmacies.
- With the warming of the weather in the capital, rehabilitation works against vectors and insects have started to protect public health in the stream beds.
- To support the carrying agents who are deprived of their income due to the coronavirus epidemic and to alleviate the workload of the Municipality, distribution service of food parcels to the needy was started to receive from these carrying agents.
- Due to April 23 National Sovereignty and Children’s Day and the 100th anniversary of the opening of Turkish Grand National Assembly, a painting contest has been started describing the meaning and importance of the day. The deadline for application is April 20th.
- Due to the infectiousness of the epidemic farmers work stopped and the need to contribute to the country’s economy, 400 tons of chickpea seeds were distributed to 1.015 farmers within the scope of contract production. Products that will be harvested from the farmers are going to be distributed to families in need of social assistance by the Metropolitan Municipality.
- A call for help from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations for COVID-19 was responded on behalf of the residents of Ankara and the citizens were asked to participate in this call with the title “Goodness is more contagious than the disease”. In the content of the message, wishes were shared for the transmission of the good, not the disease.
- Within the scope of the measures taken against the coronavirus, new expedition hours have been scheduled by working at full capacity in bus and rail systems.
- It is made compulsory to wear masks and replace disinfectant in public transportation vehicles.
- Metropolitan Municipality bought 4.000 crates of grocery goods from tradesmen who were applied for stock remaining on their hand due to two days curfew.
- The goods of stallholders who suffered from curfew was purchased by the Metropolitan Municipality to be distributed for needy people.
- Goods bought from stallholders started to be kept in Municipality’s cold storage.
- These goods have been cooked in Municipality’s kitchens and started to be distributed to people in need free of charge.
- Ankara Halk Ekmek (Municipality’s Bread Factory) meets the vital needs of the citizens in all conditions without any interruption after the declaration of a curfew within the scope of COVID-19 epidemic measures.
- Factory carried out services with 7 sales stores and 418 bread sales buffets.
- It is stated that the buffets which are closed on Sundays, will continue to operate at full capacity.
- EGO (General Directorate of Public Transportation) has decided to continue providing services to healthcare workers and other citizens who are exempted from curfews at 07:00 – 09:00 and 16:30 – 19:30 on Saturdays and Sundays when the curfew is declared. Undergrounds (ANKARAY and Metro) will be closed.
- Aid package continued to be distributed to needy citizens due to the curfew and epidemic.
- The Crisis Management Center has continued to work and receive applications despite the curfew.
- With the awareness of the victimization of stallholders due to the curfew, the products that were left in their hands were bought to be used in Municipal refectory and distributed to those in need.
- After the declaration of the curfew, The Ankara Metropolitan Municipality put its preplanned activities into action immediately in order not to leave Ankara citizens in a difficult situation.
- For the panic in the streets of Ankara, calls were made from our social media to meet all needs of people, including bread.
- Cooperation for the distribution of food packages for a fee was provided with those who made their living by transportation.
- ASKİ (Ankara Water and Sewerage Administration) stated that drinking water and wastewater treatment plants will operate at full capacity during the curfew.
- During the epidemic, services on mask making were started to be obtained from tailors who were deprived of their jobs and income.
- ASKİ (Ankara Water and Sewerage Administration) has signed a protocol regarding the Master Plan that will plan future water management. In this context, a plan has been started to improve drinking, waste and rainwater systems.
- Support for the victims of private – public transportation due to the coronavirus outbreak was announced from the social media accounts.
- With the virtual exhibition published on the website of the Metropolitan Municipality, an exhibition show was provided to art lovers without going out on the streets.
- While the practice of temporarily closing the cable car line since the cabins are not suitable for protecting the social distance, in the number of passengers decreased 10.8 % on 1 – 8 April 2020 as the result of the announcements of the Metropolitan Municipality.
- It is ensured that the administrative buildings in buses and regions, 57 stations, 3 warehouse areas and trains in the active service are regularly disinfected after each time, as well as free mask distribution, is continued for citizens using public transportation vehicles.
• Application status given in the table below;
|Solidarity and Aid Campaign||Number of Applications|
|Food package request||208.705|
|Cash request due to job loss||72.2018|
|Volunteers for any help requested||6.694|
- In order to protect the social distance of passengers, precautions are taken in public transportation with “Keep Your Distance for Health, Leave the Seat Empty” stickers.
- Social media warnings have been made to stay home by informing the weather forecast humidity rates. This information has been shared due to the activation percentages of the virus along with humidity.
- Warnings have started in order not to throw used masks and gloves on the streets.
- We started providing food package support for charladies who are in a difficult economic situation due to the outbreak of corona.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality has initiated an act to philanthropists who want to donate to close all debts in the grocery stores, markets and butchers’ charge account books.
- In order to protect the health of the drivers, a transparent protective coating has been placed in the driver’s cabin, creating a high-level protection environment for the outbreak in the 1470 EGO buses.
- With the decision not to take unmasked passengers on public transportation vehicles, free mask distribution was started by Ankara Metropolitan Municipality teams in EGO buses, metro and ANKARAY. In this context, municipality police teams also increased the frequency of inspections.
- Due to the governmental measures taken, mask usage became a rule in markets and bazaars. Intensive inspections by the municipality police officers are kept on. Accordingly, the distribution of free masks to citizens and tradesmen continued.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality has started active disinfection in Ankara streets with its own prototype modern disinfection car.
- As a precaution unmasked passengers in public transport was forbidden thus, as of 04.04.2020 the distribution of free masks will start.
- We continued food package support in order to assist taxi and minibus drivers who have been in a difficult situation since the outbreak of corona.
- Metropolitan Municipality teams started delivering two meals a day to citizens in need in Ankara Castle and its vicinity.
- We also provided food package support in order to help musicians and tailors who were in a difficult situation.
- Based on the decision taken by the Presidency within the scope of the coronavirus epidemic measures, public transportation passenger cards have been temporarily closed for those under 20 years of age.
- Announcements were made to keep citizens at home on 21 traffic information screens.
- Various information and warnings were shared on 1200 EGO bus passenger information screens, 648 metro – train passenger information screens and city screens in 25 districts.
- Within the scope of our Campaign works, from the money gathered, 500 TL was paid to 570 tradesmen who are facing economic difficulties.
- From the start of online education, beneficents’ were asked to provide a new or second-hand laptop to children in need.
- Food was distributed to stray animals in the parks.
- Hot food is continued to get prepared in hygienic conditions in BELPA kitchen for the people in need.
- Within the scope of the COVID-19 outbreak, a Psychological Support Line was established to provide consultancy and support services to citizens.
• Application status given in the table below;
|Solidarity and Aid Campaign||Number of Applications|
|Food package request||124.508|
|Cash request due to job loss||22.849|
|Volunteers for any help requested||3.118|
- Within the scope of our solidarity and aid campaign, 500 TL financial support and food support were provided to 775 pastry (simit) sellers and tradesmen, 150 of whom were disabled.
- Soldiers, who were discharged by completing their national duties in Eastern and Southeastern Anatolia, were transported to AŞTİ (bus terminal) by the EGO General Directorate buses.
- The evacuation of 240 citizens to other dormitories was carried out by 10 articulated EGO Directorates’ buses.
• Application status at 13:40 is given in the table below;
|Solidarity and Aid Campaign||Number of Applications|
|Food package request||81.268|
|Cash request due to job loss||14.662|
• Application status at 16:40 is given in the table below;
|Solidarity and Aid Campaign||Number of Applications|
|Food package request||94.533|
|Cash request due to job loss||15.841|
- With the Economic Support Package campaign activities were accelerated. In this context, it is aimed to deliver the collected aid to those in need in two ways.
- Food Package
- Emergency Cash Support
- Within the scope of the economic struggle against coronavirus, it was decided to postpone all tenders until the life returned to normal, except for the ones required for parks – gardens and civil works, in order to allocate more resources against the epidemic.
- Due to transparency and democratic governance, the amount of cash donations and places spent will be announced day by day.
- A solidarity campaign has been launched in Ankara in order to alleviate the losses suffered by more than 100,000 tradesmen and employees due to the cessation of business and business life due to COVID-19. As a result of the aid campaign announced with the call #6MilyonTekYürek (#6 Million Act As One), a platform was established and analysis were started to determine the needs.
- 130 homeless citizens who took shelter in AŞTİ were placed in Ankara Metropolitan Municipality Compassion House where they were cleaned up and served food.
- The recorder and invoice reading processes have been temporarily suspended because it has been evaluated that they may have negative effects on public health. According to this;
- Billing will be made in April for 80% of February invoices for all residential subscribers, temporarily.
- There will be no billing for student houses in April, temporarily.
- Invoices will not be temporarily processed in April for workplace and commercial subscriptions.
- As part of the fight against the COVID-19 outbreak, 241 Turkish citizens from New York were taken to the quarantine region of Kastamonu by the request of the Ankara Governorship.
- Due to the “Travel Permit Certificate” initiated as a result of the decision of the Government, the accumulation and security problems experienced in AŞTİ were solved by the municipality police teams.
- As per the Law on Misdemeanors and the Provincial Sanitary Board Decision, market couriers, water carriers, cargo couriers will work with gloves and masks and Ankara Metropolitan Municipality continues its inspections without interruption.
- Upon the request of TCDD (Turkish State Railways), Ankara Metropolitan Municipality placed hand disinfection units in Yenişehir and Kurtuluş Suburban stations.
- Eczacıbaşı Ankara Representative stated that they want to meet the cleaning materials of the dormitories and hotels allocated by the Ankara Metropolitan Municipality for the stay of healthcare workers.
- Financial management was reviewed and measures were taken to provide the necessary resources for the services provided and to be provided in the future.
- Within the scope of social assistance, 4255 of 46.770 registered citizens who are in need have started to be served at home. Also, food parcels were sent to 4200 of 35,689 people with disabilities who received social assistance. Within a few days, firstly, 8455 people listed above will start to receive food and on the second step parcels will be distributed to rest of Ankara who is in need.
- We endeavor to use written, visual and social media effectively to increase the awareness of our people against the coronavirus. In this context, the coronavirus activities of our Municipality are announced as news from Ankara in 20 radio broadcasts every morning and evening.
- Vehicles used within the scope of Funeral Transport Services are disinfected daily. 2 Funeral Transport Vehicles have been allocated for the transportation of our citizens who died from the COVID-19 epidemic, intra-city or extra-urban transports are provided. In which the vehicles are disinfected after every funeral.
- The mosques, the administrative buildings, waiting rooms and other social facilities of Karşıyaka, Cebeci Asri, Sincan Çimşit, Bağlum and Gölbaşı Cemetery’s are disinfected daily.
- A separate burial island was opened in Ortaköy Cemetery for the burial of the citizens who died from the COVID-19 outbreak, and the burials of 4 funerals have been carried out so far. A part of Ortaköy Cemetery is allocated as morgue and bathing cubicle for the infected.
- While the funeral procedures are being carried out, a line is pulled for protecting the social distance between the staff and relatives of the funerals. During the procedures the staff wears masks and gloves the whole time. Relatives of the funerals are taken in turn to send their prayers and disinfectants are always kept at the entrance door.
- In order to prevent crowds in the cemeteries, funeral prayers are performed by preserving social distance between citizens, without waiting for the prayer time.
- All the staff working in the funeral burials is to use disposable overalls, masks and gloves according to their job status, moreover after the funeral prayer, burial, cleaning and disinfection are provided.
- Disinfection works are carried out by mobile teams in burial areas.
- In order to realize possible crisis management;
As the Ankara Metropolitan Municipality, we serve with 24/7 work principle to Ankara citizens with;
- 177 passenger and transport vehicles,
- 760 buses, minibuses and midibuses,
- 939 pickups,
- At the first stage 10,500 personnel, 5,500 of whom are security personnel,
- 1,260,000 loaves of bread production capacity per day,
- Food capacity for 30,000 people per day (this capacity is planned to be increased to 200,000 people),
- 12,376 tons of flour stock,
- 250 tons of dry food stock (stocks will be gradually increased in the coming days),
- Home care capacity that can serve 13,000 elderly and disabled people,
- 103 tons of detergent and sanitizer stock as of now.
- We have rented a 100-bed student dormitory for the healthcare staff for Hacettepe and İbn-i Sina Hospitals, which work intensely during the fight against COVID-19, and have decided to start constructing 3 container units consisting of a total of 60 single rooms for the Bilkent City Hospital. As of today, a businessman who has heard our help battle has voluntarily gave out his dormitory for the Bilkent City Hospital staff usage.
- Food and cleaning products were provided for around 10,000 Afghan refugees, while their living areas were disinfected.
- Announcements on social media were made for people over the age of 65 to stay at home.
- Information was provided on vital measures that should be applied in the homes as well as outside.
- In order to create awareness, posters of #EvdeKalAnkara (#StayHomeAnkara) were hung on the streets and boulevards all around Ankara and information was shared on led screens.
- On the grounds of the upcoming Ramadan, a call was made to the Meat and Fish Institution to sell 60 thousand tons of meat in its stocks to the Metropolitan Municipality.
- Labels indicating social distance are affixed to the areas of elevators and waiting areas of markets and service buildings, especially AŞTİ (bus terminal).
- 22,360 liters of disinfectant were used and 14,423 points were disinfected. These disinfections are carried out with 221 personnel using ULV (Large Volume Sprayer) and back sprayer methods.
- Paper collecting is banned across the city. Daily food and sheltering needs were met for those who earned their living by collecting paper. In addition, disinfection is made in the storage areas.
- In order to meet the sudden needs of our citizens, 3 Hygiene Stations are established in the Kızılay region. In which, sterilization, fever meter and oxidation services are provided.
- Our workplace physicians are assigned to our headquarters and service units on a 24/7 basis, to respond to sudden incidents.
- EGO (Public Transportation Services), which are exclusively for healthcare professionals, started to offer free services.
- Calls and announcements have been made for our citizens over the age of 65 to stay at home.
- A coordination and needs analysis meeting was held with all Ankara District Municipality Mayors and Political Parties Group Deputy Chairmen. Consultation and information exchange meetings are held with the Secretary General, Deputy Secretary Generals and Heads of Departments regularly.
- Due to the closure of many cafeterias and restaurants, dry food distribution has started for street animals.
- Crisis Management Center and Crisis Support Desks have been established under the chairmanship of a Deputy Secretary General to plan preparations and manage the moment of crisis in case the developments regarding the virus will increase in the coming days. Access to the center will be provided both through the Başkent 153 call center and the special number created for this Crisis Management Center.
- Through the Crisis Management Center, detailed needs like hygiene, transportation, food, etc. for 5,038,472 people living in 492 neighborhoods within the central districts and 600,604 people living in 933 districts in the outer districts will be distributed. This will be done in coordination with the district municipalities.
- Within the scope of home care services, 100 personnel who have received first aid training have been provided with a fever meter and oxidation measurement training to serve our elderly and disabled citizens in need.
- On the other hand, the tradesmen, who were affected by the crisis and had rent payments to the Municipality were postponed for 2 months.
- News from different languages to Turkish is compiled by scanning the foreign press, and both the Municipality administration and the people of Ankara have started to be informed.
- In order to prevent crowds in our cemeteries, funeral prayers are performed by preserving the social distance between our citizens, without waiting for the prayer hours, and funerals are buried immediately.
- Shift work system has been adopted in order to enable our staff to serve in a healthier environment, and administrative permission has been granted to mothers with children under the age of 12, and to personnel with disabilities and over 60 years of age.
- It has been announced by ASKİ (Ankara Water and Sewage Services) that there will be no water cuts for 2 months, in order to prevent deterioration in the hygiene conditions of subscribers who have a water debt.
- The activities and courses of the Municipality’s Centers were suspended for 3 weeks, according to the first announcement.
- Coronavirus is declared a pandemic in the world.
- Ankara Metropolitan Municipality, with its subsidiaries and affiliates, immediately started the analysis of its institutional capacity. Stock and requirement measurements were determined.
- Banners, hand brochures containing personal purpose to be taken against the coronavirus to public transportation vehicles and to the stations were distributed or hung. In addition all the screens in buses or subway wagons and our outdoor electronic billboards were also used.
- In all municipalities and affiliates, hand-held thermometers and photocell disinfectant units were installed in front of the doors, and disinfectant mats were installed at the building entrances.
- A Health Coordination Board has been established for hygiene and cleaning works to be carried out in the Metropolitan Municipality and its affiliated institutions. Accordingly,
- Regular disinfection procedures, including municipal service areas, public institutions and organizations, public areas, have been carried out and are still ongoing.
- Particular attention is paid to disinfection works in public transportation vehicles, such as metro and Ankaray wagons, 1540 buses, 2200 minibuses and 8200 taxis.
- AŞTİ and metro/Ankaray stations, especially in municipal service buildings and public areas, hand disinfection, handheld and thermal camera fire meters, gloves, masks, etc. necessary materials and equipment are provided for services.