On January 22, 2021, Mayor of Ulaanbaatar city D.Sumiyabazar issued a decision on some additional measures to take in Ulaanbaatar city amid the ongoing heightened state of readiness to prevent from COVID-19 outbreaks.
The decision approves the list of businesses to remain closed, allowing some non-food retailers, including clothing, textile shops, cosmetics, etc; and hair, beauty and nail salons to resume their operations starting from January 23, 2021, Saturday.
These services and businesses had been closed since November 11, 2020, when the first cases of community transmission were detected in the country.
Guidelines and recommendations have been delivered to salon operators reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 in hair salons and barbershops, such as requiring to use face masks and gloves, maintain social distancing, regularly clean and disinfect workstations, tools and spaces, schedule and confirm appointments online or by calls and limit the number of people in salons and so forth.
Now, following 12 types of businesses will remain closed until further notice.
1. Public events, gatherings, demonstrations, competitions, weddings, receptions
2. All types of bars and clubs
3. Trade fairs and exhibitions
4. Online gaming centers
5. Sport events (for example, ski resorts, fitness centers, dance and yoga studios)
6. Saunas and swimming pools
7. Religious activities
8. Cultural performances and entertainment places
9. Massage and relaxation centers
10. Resorts and tourist camps, hotels and inns
11. Public showers
12. Classroom and vocational trainings for more than five persons
Other types of businesses and services had been allowed to reopen gradually since January 6, 2021.
Ulaanbaatar /23 January 2021/